Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hic et Ubique

Our director, Cynthia, accuses me of too much magical thinking. And she's right, by god. Though I would quibble with "too much" and might remind her that SHE's the one who cast me as Gertrude and the Ghost. Besides, how boring the world if you believe it is made up of only what our 5 measly senses can perceive and rationalize. Even Einstein knew, "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

So wrap your head around this one: Since she and I pushed this second production of our Q1H into being, both our fathers have died. Mine was "estranged" -- a teenaged dad who could never figure out what his only child represented in his life ("oh, you know, when kids marry," was all Horst Schäfer could ever muster to my, "what happened with you and mom?") -- so more of a mind-bender than a heart-render (the dad who raised me died in '95). But, what's it all about, Alfie? Don't worry, Cynthia, I won't dwell there. I realize, "It hath made me mad," enough as it is. But even you find this one... trippy.

No comments: